December 22, 2020 – Covid-19 numbers continue to rise. There doesn’t seem to be an end in sight. The Scheduling Team discussed the virus, the requirement to wear masks, social distancing, and the vaccine. Scheduling for 2021 does not look good. Therefore, we propose to:
- Cancel all official activities/walks for the period January 1 through June 30, 2021, and re-evaluate in May 2021.
- Send members the table of walks for the past 5 years, and the proposed Spring schedule, as was done in 2020.
- Post the current checklists on Google Drive and members can print what they need.
June 19, 2020 – The WCBC Board has decided to initiate the following actions:
- As a result of the current coronavirus threat, all club activities for 2020 are cancelled.
- Waive 2021 fees for current full year members.
- Send members a table showing trails we hiked in different months of previous years, letting members choose which to visit on their own.
- Continue to email virtual hikes as people do certain walks.
- Have Board officers publish their end-of-the-year reports in the next issue of Shortia.
There will be no indoor meetings during winter 2020 – 2021. Decisions related to when we can start field trips will be made in early 2021. If you have any questions or comments please contact email@example.com.